We are looking for an experienced and passionate individual to join us as Knowledge and Learning Manager. You will enhance capacity to learn, adapt and continuously improve the quality of actions in the humanitarian sector.
The mission of the Humanitarian Leadership Academy is to enable people around the world to prepare for and respond to crises in their own countries. The Academy works with the humanitarian sector and with organisations from across the not-for-profit, public and private sectors and with the technology industry and universities to help local communities across the world to become more resilient in the face of disaster by promoting and developing existing and new humanitarian preparedness and response focused learning and development opportunities.
As Knowledge and Learning Manager you will seek to enable the academy’s team to collectively and systematically create, share and apply knowledge, to better achieve the Academy’s objectives through the acquisition, management and utilisation of information and knowledge that are aimed at making improvements to Humanitarian Response within the region. In addition you will:
- Lead on the refinement or development, as appropriate, and overall implementation of the Academy Centre’s Learning, Knowledge and Innovation Approaches
- Collaborate with the Global Academy Office (GAO)’S Learning Team on learning platforms, tools, templates and resources, giving specialist advice on the creation of new global learning or knowledge content of potential relevance to the Middle East
- Facilitate the successful promotion and adoption of a new platform, designed to enable humanitarians to have their skills, experience and learning recognised through badges
- Provide support for the establishment, nurturing and promoting of communities of practice to facilitate the sharing of ideas and work among internal teams and external partners.
To be successful you will have extensive and varied experience in a senior management role in a Learning and Development function, preferably from a variety of sectors. An instinctive, analytical and strategic thinker you will be educated to BA/BS level or above, or have significant equivalent leadership experience, in a relevant subject. Fluency in Arabic and English is also essential as is:
- Demonstrable experience of developing and delivering learning solutions on a global scale, with an advanced operational understanding of contextualising activities
- Excellent problem solving skills and superior verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- A passion and energy to work in pursuit of transforming humanitarian response globally and making a reality of true collaboration
- Proven results in establishing new learning initiatives and programmes
- Solid working knowledge and experience of dealing with operations, vendor management, and contracting.
Location: Amman, Jordan with travel up to 50% travel regionally
Fixed Term Contract – 2 years, Full-time
Salary: circa JOD 27,778 gross per annum plus benefits