Digital Learning Specialist (London, UK)
As Digital Learning Specialist you will be tasked with designing innovative solutions that help to build the knowledge and skills of humanitarians. This exciting role will sit within the Humanitarian Leadership Academy (HLA), a newly formed team, following the merger of Academy and Humanitarian Capacity Building staff in 2020. The new HLA enables SCUK to offer the most effective and impactful humanitarian capacity strengthening resource for both the Save the Children movement, the wider humanitarian sector and beyond. As a consequence of COVID-19, there is an increased demand from all of our regions for digital learning resources to replace face-to-face training and help prepare our humanitarian response.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work on projects with many specialists and deepen your knowledge of the sectors technical areas. The HLA won three honours at the Learning Technologies 2020 Awards for their online programmes and work on immersive learning. In this role, you will have the opportunity to provide creative input and leadership as well as being part of building a suitable learning ecosystem for organisations within the sector through the further development and delivery of their own learning management system (Kaya).
In addition to the above, you will:
- Administrate the unit’s courses and pages on Learning Management System (Moodle, Totora) and other content management systems (Sharepoint, Teams, WordPress, Adobe Experience Manager)
- Work with the Platform team to quality assure and publish new courses for the Save the Children movement and external partners
- Act as the unit’s expert digital trainer. Advise the Learning Solutions Specialists, Regional teams and outside partners on appropriate tools for digital delivery and blended learning
- Provide specialist digital learning expertise to support the design and development of quality online courses, blended learning programmes and other resources for the HLA and partners
- Coordinate and support projects with Learning Solution Specialists and Regional teams and outside subject matter experts to define requirements, learning objectives, scope and delivery mechanisms.
To be successful you will:
- Have extensive experience administrating Learning Management Systems (LMS), Virtual Learning Environments (VLE) and Content Management Systems (CMS), ideally with experience in Moodle/Totora and Sharepoint/Teams
- Have experience of the use of standard industry tools (e.g. Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign) to produce professional graphics and documents
- Have proficiency with e-learning authoring tools to develop engaging learning and experiences (e.g. Articulate Storyline, Articulate Rise, Adobe Captivate, Adapt)
- Be an effective communicator with a strong track record in human centred design and confidence working with and training stakeholders at all levels.
Our ideal candidate will be an expert trainer with experience leading digital skills programmes and technical support to large organisations.
How to apply
You can apply via Save the Children UK website
Closing date: 29 January 2021
Location: Farringdon, London, UK
Contract type: Permanent, full time
Salary: £38,250 – £42,749