Donor Liaison Manager – London, UK
We are looking for an experienced individual to join us as Donor Liaison Manager, proactively identifying and pursuing relevant funding opportunities, and where successful, account managing these partnerships to ensure that expectations and reporting requirements are met. This is a new role within the Academy, and offers an exciting opportunity to play a key role in implementing the 2018-2020 Funding Strategy.
The mission of the Humanitarian Leadership Academy is to enable people around the world to prepare for and respond to crises in their own countries. The Academy works with the humanitarian sector and new partners from the technology industry, private sector and academia to help communities become more resilient in the face of disaster and give them the training and skills to respond to crises. As Donor Liaison Manager you will work with key stakeholders to secure income from institutions, philanthropists, trusts & foundations. In addition, you will:
- Account manage donors, ensuring that expectations are met and if possible exceeded, opportunities for engagement are maximised and any information provided is up-to-date and relevant
- Be accountable for ensuring donor requirements are understood across the Academy network, and audit trails are in place for the implementation and reporting of all awards
- Manage all elements of donor reporting, liaising with stakeholders as required, leading the sign-off process and sharing relevant donor feedback
- Take responsibility for the award cycle, ensuring that the control framework of the funding is appropriate and the necessary risk mitigation is in place.
To be successful you will have significant experience producing high value fundraising proposals with a strong understanding of the award management cycle, proposal submission best practices and budget and report preparation. Energetic, flexible and proactive, you will have experience in assessing complex technical information and translating it into coherent and compelling funding opportunities. In addition you will have:
- Demonstrable success in account managing complex relationships with institutional donors/philanthropists/trusts & foundations
- A proven ability to co-ordinate cross-organisational activities, securing support from a broad range of stakeholders
- Experience of working with complex, multi-donor budgets and financial reports, and analysing and commenting on variances between actual and budgeted expenditure
- Experience of establishing strong working relationships with colleagues from different functions and cultures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to explain complex issues to both staff and peers.
For more information and to apply click here
Closing date: 28 January 2018
Location: Farringdon, London
Contract type: Permanent contract (Full time)
Salary: From £38,000 to £43,000 dependent on experience