Humanitarian Learning Adviser – London, UK
We are looking for a committed technical specialist with experience of working in the humanitarian sector and undertaking capacity-building initiatives, to join us as Humanitarian Learning Adviser. This role will work closely with a range of stakeholders including technical humanitarian working groups and partners from across the sector, leading efforts to develop a pipeline of quality learning content and relevant, innovative and accessible learning solutions that meet the needs of those individuals and organisations preparing for and responding to humanitarian crises.
The mission of the Humanitarian Leadership Academy is to enable people around the world to prepare for and respond to crises in their own countries. The Academy works with the humanitarian sector and new partners from the technology industry, private sector and universities to help communities become more resilient in the face of disaster and give them the learning, knowledge and skills to respond to crises in their own countries.
This is an exciting time at the Academy as we shape and deliver our social enterprise offer. As Humanitarian Learning Adviser you will play a key role in the development of this offer through the identification and delivery of learning product solutions for organisations, working across the Academy’s growing network to build a comprehensive understanding of the demand for learning and the solutions needed to meet it. In addition you will:
- Represent the Academy to external audiences both inside and outside of the humanitarian sector, including partners, humanitarian working groups and networks, and at key events.
- Lead the commissioning and development of new global learning content and the tailoring of existing learning pathways and products to meet the needs of different users;
- Lead on the quality assurance of learning content, ensuring quality standards are met and alignment to competency frameworks
To be successful you will have a relevant academic quality in the field of education, international humanitarianism/development or social/political science or relevant subject area and an understanding of what it takes to plan and deliver user-centred learning solutions for a variety of audiences. As well as being an instinctive analytical and strategic thinker, you will have the drive, confidence and ability to move thinking into practical action. You will be able to demonstrate a robust understanding of the humanitarian sector including issues, the international humanitarian system and response and how to deliver learning solutions that will meet the needs of those working in this sector. In addition you will have:
- Significant experience in budget and project management of large scale learning initiatives, including establishing new learning initiatives and programs
- High levels of personal resilience to thrive and create direction in ambiguous and unstructured environments
- The ability to travel internationally, occasionally at short notice.
For more information and to apply click here
Read the full job description
Closing date: 5 November 2018
Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and interviews may commence prior to the closing date. Early applications are encouraged.
Location: Farringdon, London (with up to 30% travel)
Contract type: Fixed term contract, full time
Contract duration: Ending December, 2019
Salary: £38,453 – £44,862 pa