Learning Solutions Engineer (London, UK)
The Humanitarian Leadership Academy is a team within Save the Children UK’s Humanitarian Department whose mission is to enable people around the world to prepare for and respond to crises in their own countries. The Academy works to address the critical need for better quality, more relevant humanitarian learning and knowledge that is accessible to all those who need it. The Academy works with a wide range of partners, drawing on the knowledge, expertise and resources of a range of sectors to demonstrate how collaboration can ensure the best solutions are found for those most in need.
Our aim is to ensure that communities are prepared in advance with the knowledge and skills they need to respond quickly and effectively to a humanitarian situation. We want to build the resilience of communities and businesses, ultimately limiting loss of life and mitigating the devastating impact of disasters and conflict.
As Learning Solutions Engineer you will be responsible for gathering the business requirements of external humanitarian organisations in order to propose bespoke solutions from the Humanitarian Leadership Academy’s portfolio of products and services, including the Organisational Learning Service and Learning Design Service. You will lead the team on the development of a practical monitoring, evaluation and impact measurement approach for our products, showcasing how the Academy’s services improve the effectiveness and impact of humanitarian response. In addition you will:
- Draft proposals and high- level designs in response to funding and client requests for our organisational solutions offer, supporting efforts to identify and cost viable options for generating income as needed.
- Work with the External Relations team to help identify potential partners, clients, funders and beneficiaries that could benefit from the Academy’s services.
- Provide support and guidance to Network Partners and other key stakeholders in identifying organisational learning gaps and understanding the process from initial engagement to delivery of bespoke solutions.
To be successful you will be a flexible and proactive worker with significant experience in consulting and solutions design, specifically organisational development advisory and learning design. You’ll have extensive experience in product development of complex organisational solutions, preferably in the not-for-profit or humanitarian sector.
You’ll demonstrate a proven understanding of learning and development theory and practice, alongside experience of monitoring, evaluation and impact assessment of systems and products. Additionally, you will have:
- Experience in designing and delivering Organisational Development (OD) interventions such as large-scale system change, process implementation and leadership development
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to research, analyse and adapt material and proven report writing skills to suit different audience needs such as donors
- Experience of budget management and proposal development
- Digital literacy, including Microsoft office, Excel and collaboration platforms such as Microsoft Teams
- Knowledge of a second language (for example Spanish, French or Arabic) is desirable.
How to apply
You can apply via Save the Children UK website
Closing date: 18 July 2020
Location: Farringdon, London, UK
Contract type: Fixed term contract, full time
Contract duration: 12 months
Salary: £38,250 – £45 000