Platform Manager – London, UK
We are looking for an experienced and committed individual to join our team as Platform Manager and manage the Humanitarian Leadership Academy’s flagship platform, Kaya. You will ensure that this platform provides the necessary user experience (UX) and learning and organisational opportunities in order to fulfil the Academy’s mission.
The mission of the Humanitarian Leadership Academy is to enable people around the world to prepare for and respond to crises in their own countries. The Academy works with the humanitarian sector and new partners from the technology industry, private sector and universities to help communities become more resilient in the face of disaster and give them the learning, knowledge and skills to respond to crises in their own countries.
As Platform Manager you will act as the Academy’s authority on understanding and capitalising on the solutions and opportunities provided by Kaya as a content delivery platform. You will also provide expert guidance across the Academy’s network on creating and delivering high quality accessible content and work with developers and others to improve the system as needed. In addition you will:
- Lead on the growth and innovation of the Kaya service
- Build capacity across the Academy’s network of Centres and clients, including delivering training in person
- Lead on UX research and development, including procuring independent UX reviews, ideating and prioritising solutions to UX concerns, and work with colleagues and third-party developers to explore implementation of UX-focused customisations
- Lead and manage the portal client community to encourage feedback and lessons learned
- Write and maintain editorial copy on the Kaya platform, including FAQs and article content about the platform and the Academy.
To be successful you will have a business analysis qualification or proven experience in eliciting, documenting and prioritising stakeholder requirements. Confidence in adopting new technological tools and approaches is essential as is fluency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint, or equivalents. You will also have:
- Experience in proposing solutions to meet stakeholder requirements
- Experience in acting as business-side liaison between technical and business leads
- Excellent presentation skills and experience in developing training materials
- Budget management experience and excellent communication skills
- Experience in thinking and planning strategically.
Knowledge of French, Arabic and/or Spanish is desirable.
For more information and to apply click here
Read the full job description
Closing date: 28 May 2018
Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and interviews may commence prior to the closing date. Early applications are encouraged.
Location: Farringdon, London (with up to 20% travel)
Contract type: Fixed term contract, full time
Contract duration: Ending December, 2019
Salary:£35,605 – £42,706 pa