We’re recruiting a Research, Evidence and MEAL Advisor.
We're recruiting a Research, Evidence and MEAL Advisor to support the HLA to ensure its learning solutions, products, approaches and methodologies are of the highest quality and underpinned by robust evidence, impact and research systems.
As the Research, Evidence and MEAL Advisor you will support the HLA to ensure its learning solutions, products, approaches and methodologies are of the highest quality and underpinned by robust evidence, impact and research systems. Through this role you will contribute to ensuring that the team’s learning solutions and approaches are able to meet the known or anticipated learning needs of individuals, organisations and the sector in the future.
Key areas of accountability
- Ensure REMEAL plans, frameworks and systems are in place and operational in all regions as per HLA REMEAL strategy.
- Manage and coordinate on high-value external consultancies delivered by the REMEAL team to improve HLA’s understanding of impact as well as research supporting decision making
- Responsible for the design, development and support the Regional Programme Officers in implementing the monitoring, tracking, accountability and reporting systems, tools and templates for the learning solutions and products functions, and for HLA strategic areas
- Advise and support in the design and collection of quantitative and qualitative data collection
- Provision of relevant data and information to support the development of compelling communications to advocate for humanitarian capacity building and to market learning programmes drawing on qualitative and quantitative data gathered
- To conduct/manage discrete research and MEAL projects for the team as and when required as well as design, commission and manage research and MEAL projects for external clients
- Develop metrics for measuring the success of learning solutions and propose changes based on results and develop mechanisms to demonstrate that all our learning design and delivery is backed by high quality evidence, that includes monitoring data as well as robust evaluations
Experience and skills
- Experience of conducting research and evaluations on programme impact – ideally of social change, capacity building or learning programmes
- Experience of working with and developing indicators and monitoring tools
- Strong project management skills; well organised, able to juggle multiple priorities and deliver to deadlines
- Experience of designing and implementing new policies, processes or procedures in a team which improve the way the team functions
- Strong written, visual and verbal communication skills with experience of supporting creation of marketing and communications materials, research related products and visuals for different audiences
- Exceptionally high standards of customer service with proven experience of delivering highly professional services to stakeholders
- Commitment to Save the Children’s vision, mission and values.