Exciting news: applications for the new Humanitarian Leadership Diploma are now open!
What is the Humanitarian Leadership Diploma?
The Humanitarian Leadership Diploma is being delivered by the Middle Eastern Center for Humanitarian Advancement (MECHA), a joint initiative between the Global Health Institute at the American University of Beirut and the Humanitarian Leadership Academy.
The Diploma has been designed specifically for new managers and as a refresher for existing managers working in the MENA region. It also provides those considering a career change with a general idea of the challenges and rewards the sector offers.
The online diploma, which consists of two certificates and an overall of eight courses, lasts for a complete academic year, with every course being delivered over a period of 5 weeks:
Certificate in Foundations of Humanitarian Management
- Project Management in Humanitarian Settings
- Humanitarian Programming, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Budgeting and Reporting for Humanitarian Programming
- Interpersonal Communication Skills for Humanitarian Managers
Certificate in Advanced Approaches in Humanitarian Management
- Humanitarian Leadership and Coordination
- Disaster Management: Leading Humanitarian Response
- Mediation and Negotiation in Crisis Settings
- Humanitarian Law and Human Rights
The learners can choose to complete one course, one certificate (4 courses), and the diploma (8 courses). Once they have completed every course, learners will receive an online certificate.
What are the eligibility criteria?
- Education and/or work experience in the humanitarian field (e.g. WASH, CASH, Protection, Health, Disaster Risk Reduction …)
- 2 to 3 years of work experience in the MENA Region
- Proficiency in English
Application deadline: Tuesday 10th September 2019
Diploma start date: October 2019