This website is run by the Humanitarian Leadership Academy (‘the Academy’). If you view or use the site, you must agree to the legal terms and conditions, which you can find below. This summary explains what the terms and conditions ask of you. It is not intended to change or replace the formal terms and conditions (below).
Everything you see on this website is copyright of the Academy unless otherwise stated. Some content has been shared by other organisations; this content is the copyright of the organisation who shared it.
Security and risk
The internet can never be 100% secure, though we have done everything we can to keep your data safe. You take responsibility for the risk of uploading or downloading anything to/from the website.
Where there are links to external websites on the platform, the Academy takes no responsibility for the content or security of those websites and does not formally endorse them or the organisations behind them.
Changing the terms and conditions
When things change – either with the site or in law – we might need to update these terms and conditions. It is your responsibility to remain up-to-date, so we suggest you check back from time-to-time to check for any changes.
Terms and Conditions
- This website (www.humanitarianleadershipacademy.org) (the “Website”) is owned and provided by the Humanitarian Leadership Academy. The Humanitarian Leadership Academy is part of the Save the Children Fund – a charity registered in England and Wales (213890) and Scotland (SC039570), and a registered company limited by guarantee in England and Wales (178159). The Academy’s registered office is at 1 St John’s Lane, London, EC1M 4AR.
- You will defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Academy, its Trustees, employees and agents, from any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses, or expenses, including legal costs, arising out of or in connection with any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions.
- For the purposes of this agreement, “content” means material including, without limitation, eLearning text, video, graphics and audio, published on the Website, whether copyright of the Academy or a third party.
- The Academy does not warrant that the functions contained in this Website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the content.
- No data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure; therefore any information sent by e-mail or submitted through the Academy is at your own risk.
- The Academy, and any content provided by or through the Website is provided ‘as is’ without any representations or any form of warranty (whether made expressly or implied by law). All implied warranties, terms and conditions of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy, or otherwise, are excluded to the extent permitted by law.
- Any third-party provider content is provided ‘as is’ and to the extent permitted by law, neither the relevant third party provider nor the Academy make any representations or warranties, express or implied, of any kind concerning such content.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Academy will not be liable for any damages and direct, indirect or consequential losses, including, any damages arising from the use or loss of use of the Website, or the loss of data or profits, whether in contract, negligence or other tortuous action, arising from or in connection with the use of the Website or any content provided by or through the Website, whether suffered or incurred by you or any third party.
- Your use of any third party websites is at your own risk and subject to their respective terms & conditions and privacy policies.
- The Website may not be used in part or in full for commercial purposes without prior licence from the Academy.
- You agree to use the Website for lawful purposes only and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, nor restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of, the Academy.
- All material on www.humanitarianleadershipacademy.org is the copyright of the Academy or third parties. You may view the content of this site on screen. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit or otherwise use our content in any way except for non-commercial, personal or educational use, and then only if you do not remove or modify any trademark, copyright, or other notice displayed as part of the content. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any of Academy’s content except for non-commercial, personal or educational use, and then only if you do not remove or modify any trademark, copyright, or other notice displayed as part of the content. Any other use of Website’s content requires the prior written permission of the Academy.
- The names, images and logos identifying the Academy or any other third parties referred to on the Website and their products and services may be subject to copyright, design rights or trade mark rights. These trademarks may not be reproduced without the consent of the relevant owners. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring any licence or right to use any trademark, design right or copyright of the Academy or any other third party.
- The Academy reserves all rights not expressly granted in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
Information you provide to us
- Contributions must be your own, they must be civil and tasteful. They must not contain any unlawful or objectionable content and they must not infringe the law. You agree that the Academy shall not be responsible for your or anyone else’s contributions to its Website or any form of social media. Should you identify contributions which are unlawful, distasteful or otherwise objectionable then please contact the Academy: firstname.lastname@example.org
You agree not to do any of the following: a) defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal, moral, or human rights of others (such as rights of privacy and publicity); b) publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful material or information; c) upload or attach files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy or confidence) unless the user owns or controls the rights thereto or has received all necessary consents; d) upload or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programmes that may damage the operation of another’s computer; e) delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded; f) falsify the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded; g) advertise or offer to sell any goods or services, or conduct or forward surveys, contests, or chain letters; or h) download any file posted by another user that the user knows, or reasonably ought to know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner. The Academy reserves the absolute right to delete or modify any material posted to Kaya without notice to the user.
- Before subscribing to our email newsletter service, via the Website, please read the following terms carefully:
(a) This is a monthly newsletter service. You will receive free information in the newsletter about the Academy’s work and online courses available on the Academy’s learning platform Kaya;
(b) We will not sell your email and/or any personal details to any third party service;
(c) You are free to unsubscribe anytime from our newsletter service by choosing “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of all our email newsletters;
(d) The Academy reserves the right to suspend, cancel or deny your subscription to the newsletter service anytime without assigning any cause or reason for it; and
(e) The Academy can temporarily discontinue or permanently cancel its newsletter service anytime without assigning sufficient cause or reason for it.
Changes and conflicts
- If there is any conflict between these terms and any rules and/or specific terms and conditions of use appearing on linked platforms or specific sections of the Website, then the latter shall prevail.
- The Academy reserves the right to change these terms at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of the Website after any changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales, save where any specific terms and conditions of use on any linked platforms or specific sections of the Website provide for a separate governing law and jurisdiction, in which case the latter shall apply.
- The Website is built on WordPress and include certain features and customisations which are made available to the website under non-transferable licence.
- Contact the Academy on:
Phone: +44 (0)20 3763 1050