The Engine 2 programme is a multi-project initiative that aims to deliver transformative impact and champion localisation in the Ukraine Regional Response. Many of the capacity strengthening initiatives (including training, coaching or mentoring programmes) are already underpinned by a MEAL Framework speaking to the HLA’s Theory of Change. However, there is a number of new initiatives including social enterprise mentoring, capacity strengthening fund and learning and advocacy events that are considered to be new concepts.
The MEAL Framework will incorporate the following initiatives:
- A MEAL Framework that incorporates the following initatives:
- Capacity Strenghtening learning initaitives including training and workshops delivered to participants face to face (monitoring tools already developed)
- Coaching and mentoring initiatives delivered across the Ukraine Regional Response (monitoring tools already developed)
- Digital learning delivered through our platform Kaya and Response Learning Hub
- Capacity Streghtening Fund provding direct funding to local organisations
- Research Fund providing direct funding to local researchers
- Learning, advocacy and other events
- Partnerships within Engine 2
- Social Enterprise programme that includes grants and mentoring (developed)
- Monitoring tools corresponding to the highlighted initaives that will allow for aggregation of data across similar programmes/projects
- The narrative on how the designed framework allows for providing evidence on the transformational aspects of the Engine 2 programming (and accommodates for innovation)
- Practical and theoretical experience and knowledge of developing similar frameworks and MEAL approaches.
- Understanding of qualitative and quantitative data collection methods.
- Knowledgeable about humanitarian issues and have experience working in the humanitarian, learning and/or international development sector.
- A demonstrated high level of professionalism and an ability to work independently and in high pressure situations given tight deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to write concisely, using simple, not jargon-based language.