Request for proposals: Strategic Brand Refresh for the Humanitarian Leadership Academy
The Humanitarian Leadership Academy is currently in the process of developing its 2022-24 strategy, separating out the trading arm and charitable arm, and developing new business lines for a marketplace all of which requires us to re-evaluate our brand and its positioning.
The Humanitarian Leadership Academy (HLA) is a global learning organisation, whose mission is to enable people to prepare for and respond to crises in their own countries. We currently provide learning to over 430,000 people worldwide.
The HLA offers multiple learning products and services for individuals and organisations (some of these products have their own sub-brands), and also acts as a humanitarian capacity strengthening unit within Save the Children UK.
The HLA has gone through significant changes over the last 6 years: merger of two teams, creation of a trading arm (Academy Enterprises) and creation of new products and services for our users and clients. We feel like there is a strong need to analyse our current brand positioning in the humanitarian e-learning market, and refresh our brand to ensure that it appeals to the existing needs of our customers, and new sets of customers. We would like the agency/consultant to review and strengthen our brand persona and develop a brand messaging framework and toolkit that can be rolled out across the HLA to provide positioning consistency and credibility.
The goal of the refined brand and marketing collateral is to be more visually appealing, to provide a user-friendly experience with accessibility options, to provide clear, accurate information about our products and services, and to allow for easy brand identification.
We are seeking proposals from agencies or consultants with experience in rebranding/brand refresh strategies and are specifically interested in those with experience working with non-for-profits and/or social enterprises
2. Objectives of the contract – Deliverables
- Performing Discovery and Research (qualitative interviews, quantitative surveys)
- Performing a Competitive Analysis (market research)
- Brand strategy development (guidelines, messaging, tagline, architecture)
- Brand identity refresh/creation (refresh the current HLA identity/create a new identity for our trading arm)
- Creation of marketing collateral (E-communications templates – new e-newsletter template, email signatures, slide decks for presentations, report design etc. Organisational stationery templates – business cards, letterhead, brochures, pull up banner.)
3. Essential Criteria
- Experience in rebranding/brand refresh strategies (including multi-brand strategies)
- Experience in performing market research/competitive analysis
- Experience working with non-for-profits and/or social enterprises
- Understanding of the humanitarian sector
- Understanding of the e-learning sector
4. How to apply
Proposals must include:
· A written response to the brief (proposed approach and methodology, workplan, timeline, profiles of key staff for the project, etc)
· Total proposed budget, including fees and descriptions for each deliverable
· Examples of relevant rebranding/brand refresh work and testimonials from clients
Bidders are requested to submit their responses to the Academy’s key contact in this process:
Anne GARCON, Communications and Marketing Lead, Humanitarian Leadership Academy: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your proposal by no later than Friday, 26th November @ 12:00 (noon) GMT with the subject line ‘Proposal HLA Strategic Brand Refresh’. NB: The Academy will be reviewing applications in real time as they are submitted, and we strongly recommend that prospective suppliers share their responses ASAP.